Who am I?
I am a Postdoc at Max Planck Institue for Evolutionary Anthropology. My backgroud is Biology, I used to do some PCR, gene clone in the lab during the first year of my master period, however, after that, I became a data analyst, mainly worked on some public database, e.g., NCBI, HapMap, Ensembl, to understand the evolution of genome structure (isochore). When I came to the MPI-Evan(2008), I got the chance to have my own data (454 and Solexa), I am currently working on mtDNA assembling and low-level mutation (heteroplasmy) detection.
I am looking for a postdoc position now, preferentially in clinial genomics(medical genetics) field, please let me know if you know/have such position, thanks.
2008-2012 Max Planck Institue for Evolutionary Anthropology, Leipzig, Germany. Bioinformatics
2001-2007 Northwest A & F University,Yangling,China Joint undergraduate-postgraduate program, The National Base of Life Science and Techonology Education
2004-2007 Northwest A & F University,Yangling,China Master, Molecular biology and biochemistry.
2001-2004 Northwest A & F University,Yangling,China Bachelor, Biology.
Sep 2012-Present Postdoc at Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology
March 2008-Aug 2008 CAS-MPG partner institute for computational biology, Shanghai, Staff Scientist
Nov 2007-Feb 2008 The institute of vegetables and flowers CAAS, (BGI)Beijing, Bioinformatician
July 2007-Sep 2007 CAS-MPG partner institute for computational biology, Shanghai, Intern
5. Li et al. 2012. Fidelity of capture-enrichment for mtDNA genome sequencing: influence of NUMTs. Nucleic Acid research.doi:10.1093/nar/gks499
4. Li and Stoneking. 2012. A new approach for detecting low-level mutations in next-generation sequence data. Genome Biology,13:R34
3. Li and Chen. 2011. The tendency to recreate ancestral CG dinucleotides in the human genome. BMC evol biol,11:3
2. Li et al. 2010. Detecting heteroplasmy from high-throughput sequencing of complete human mitochondrial DNA genomes. Am J Hum Genet, 87:237-49
1. Li et al. 2008. Evolution of the isochore structure in the scale of chromosome: insight from the mutation bias and fixation bias. J Evol Biol, 21:173-82
7. Barbieri C, Whitten M, Beyer K, Schreiber H, Li M, Pakendorf B. 2012. Contrasting Maternal and Paternal Histories in the Linguistic Context of Burkina Faso. Mol Biol Evol,29:1213-1223
6. Nasidze I, Li J, Schroeder R, Creasey JL, Li M, Stoneking M.2011. High diversity of the saliva microbiome in Batwa Pygmies. Plos One,6:e23353
5. Schoenberg A, Theunert C, Li M, Stoneking M, Nasidze I. 2011. High-throughput sequencing of complete human mtDNA genomes from the Caucasus and West Asia: high diversity and demographic inferences. Euro J Hum Genet,19:988-94
4. Gunnarsdottir ED, Nandineni MR, Li M, Myles S, Gil D, Pakendorf B, Stoneking M. 2011. Larger mitochondrial DNA than Y-chromosome differences between matrilocal and patrilocal groups from Sumatra. Nat Commu,2:228
3. Gunnarsdottir ED, Li M, Bauchet M, Finstermeier K, Stoneking M. 2011. High-throughput sequencing of complete human mtDNA genomes from the Philippines. Genome Res, 21:1-11
2. Nasidze I, Quinque D, Li J, Li M, Tang K, Stoneking M.2009. Comparative analysis of human saliva microbiome diversity by barcoded pyrosequencing and cloning approaches. Anal Biochem, 391:64-8.
1. Gong X, Fan S, Bilderbeck A, Li M, Pang H, Tao S. 2008. Comparative analysis of essential genes and nonessential genes in Escherichia coli K12. Mol Genet Genomics 279:87-94.
Conferences and workshops
2nd Beyond the Genome, 2011, Washington DC, US. Best Poster Prize.
SMBE Meeting, 2010, Lyon, France. Poster
German Gen-AG 'Evolutionary Genetics',2010, Ploen, Germany. Oral presentation.
Populantion Genetics course, 2009, Copenhagen,Denmark.
Statistical Genetics course, 2009, Seattle, US.
Chinese Government Scholarship for Outstanding Self-financed Students Studying Abroad,2011
Funding provided by Chinese Academy of Sciences to vist CAS institutes 2012